Under the direction of the City of St. George Leisure Services Supervisor or Assistant Manager, assists in the operation and programs of the City of St. George ride attraction facilities which include Thunder Junction and Square Town Carousel.
May perform one or more of these Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Assists with programs and special events.
2. Responds to public inquiries providing accurate information regarding programs and services related to Ride Attraction at Thunder Junction and the Carousel.
3. Performs money-handling duties according to City and Department policies and procedures.
4. Communicates safety rules and procedures to riders and park visitors.
5. Performs basic cleaning and maintenance.
6. Sells, distributes, and collects ride tokens.
7. Sells, restocks, and inventories concession items at the park.
8. Organizes, cleans, and maintains the lost and found.
9. Removes litter.
10. Empty trash containers when full.
11. Provides assistance to patrons entering and exiting the ride attraction area.
12. Stays current with safety rules and procedures.
13. Serves as a Ride Attraction ambassador by interacting with park attendees, promoting safe play, and answering inquiries related to the park.
14. Helps everyone who attends have a positive experience.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions:
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Light to moderate physical activity. Lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds. Intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Exposure to varying weather conditions. Moderate exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to accommodate the
seasonal operational schedule. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28
hours per week over a period of twelve months.
None required. All applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
Experience handling money is preferred.
Customer service experience preferred
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Reliability a must.
• Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary when interacting with park attendees and co-workers.
• Follow directions
• Operate a cash register, make change, and conduct financial transactions
• Learn computer software
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.