Under the direction of the Tennis & Pickleball Head Pro, monitors tennis and pickleball facilities, takes reservations/schedules facilities, performs minor maintenance and cleaning of courts, sells and stocks concessions, registers players for tennis and pickleball, handles cash transactions, takes phone calls, updates website and sportsman software, tracks all private lessons, tracks all clinics, deposits receipts, and helps with tournaments, leagues and special events.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
• Monitors the tennis and pickleball facilities daily to ensure that the facilities are kept in top condition, including picking up any garbage, making minor repairs, and ensuring the cleanliness and appearance of overall facilities.
• Updates and posts tennis reservations.
• Works at both the Tonaquint Tennis Facility and Little Valley Pickleball Facility according to the schedule.
• Registers players for tennis and pickleball tournaments, clinics, lessons, etc. Follows money handling policies. Make deposits to the Recreation Center or the Commons Building.
• Communicates with the recreation clerks at the front desk regarding the reservation list and registration of events.
• Works tournaments, leagues and special events.
• Answers phone calls and works with the public in a professional manner. Must be able to resolve conflicts with the public in such a manner as to protect the rights of the City while encouraging the use of the facility by all interested citizens.
• Cleans and maintains an organized working space at both locations.
• Keeps Head Pro informed of all aspects going on at both facilities.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 25-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
Experience: Customer service experience preferred but not required.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
CPR, First Aid, AED certification required. Must be obtained within 60 days of hire and maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General Knowledge of Recreation and Leisure Activities and Programming Practices preferred
Customer service oriented
Perform Physical Labor
Work with a team
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.