Under the direction of the Director of Golf Operations inspects, maintains, and repairs for the City of St. George the golf cart fleet.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Schedules and performs daily, weekly, monthly, maintenance such as watering batteries, changing filters, checking tire pressure, tightening bolts and other maintenance related to functionality of golf carts.
2. Diagnoses golf cart malfunctions to determine materials required and most economical cost of repairs, removes parts beyond repair, and replaces with new or used parts as necessary using hand and power tools.
3. Maintains records of repairs, time, parts ordered, and maintenance work on engines and equipment; maintains inventory of parts and components.
4. Performs general maintenance on golf carts as needed.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
6. Works with local dealership in ensure warranty work is being performed accurately and according to manufacture instructions.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Moderately heavy physical activity. Required to push, pull, or lift medium heavy weights. Moderate exposure to disagreeable elements such as heat, cold, dampness, noise, dust, or grease. Must be able to work complete shift standing or in difficult working positions, and be able to withstand exposure to fumes, dust, and grease. Intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year full time experience in repair and maintenance of gas and diesel powered engines, and electrical equipment preferred. Golf Course experience preferred.
ΧLicenses and/or Certifications: Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Standard practices and ability to efficiently operate equipment and tools of the mechanic and welding
• Diagnose and correct defects in a electric and gas powered golf cart, such as electronic fuel injection,
battery systems and braking systems.
• Read and understand schematic drawings, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relations with supervisor, co-workers, and the public.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 05/23/2022 05:00 PM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.