Under the direction of the Leisure Services Deputy Director Parks, performs a wide variety of responsible, complex, and confidential administrative and secretarial duties for Deputy Director and professional staff. Coordinates all reservations of public park, public square, field, court, pavilion, or grill.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Performs professional secretarial, office managerial, and reporting functions for department, division, or City Boards or committees. Prepares agendas and takes minutes for staff and other meetings. Answers public inquiries by telephone or in person. Maintains electronic and paper files for correspondence, reports, records, or other information.
3. Prepares and edits technical documents, reports, agreements, general correspondence, media releases, public notices, etc. using word processing software.
4. Provides monthly and ongoing budget analysis for administration and budget accounts. Assists with the preparation of division and department budget.
5. Coordinates purchasing and issuance of office supplies and equipment, etc.
6. Maintains and updates St. George Parks, Cemetery, and Sports fields social media accounts, i. e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.
7. Schedules appointments and meetings, and handles out-of-town travel arrangement for department personnel.
8. Prepares purchase requisitions, contracts and agreements, tracks expenditures, and processes invoices and related paperwork. Verifies and maintains account codes for all purchase orders, deposits, invoices, credit card charges, and miscellaneous receipts with professional staff or director.
9. Assists in the orientation of new employees re office protocol and processes.
10. Prepares and files agreements. Inventories and distributes donated materials.
11. Coordinates all Parks and Sports Fields reservations.
12. Writes contracts for all special park permits requests
13. Monitors park reservations, reports, work orders, and reservation checklists
14. Performs other related work as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Handling of light weights and pleasant working conditions with little or no exposure to hazards. May be exposed to discomfort associated with computer keyboard use and monitoring of computer video display screens. Intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior, human error, work deadlines, and the demands of multiple complex projects
Note: Attendance at some night meetings, events held at outdoor facilities, or irregular work hours may be required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years full time, paid, experience using Microsoft Office Professional Suite and the Google Suite and can demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and/or aptitude in their use.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Possess a valid driver's license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Modern office terminology and procedures, telephone techniques, and time management skills.
• Human relations and organizational skills.
• Letter and report composition; grammar and punctuation; and professional business writing skills including letters, reports, forms, table of contents, bibliographies, etc.
• Computer software applications and browsers/social media.
• Type 45 words per minute (net) tested.
• Demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential, controversial, and sensitive nature.
• Establish work priorities and remain flexible while meeting established deadlines.
• Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
• Remain calm and mentally alert.
• Perform routine and specialized duties for long periods of time.
• Coordinate information, arrangements, and correspondence with minimal guidance.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with all levels of City staff and the public.
• Communicate clearly and distinctly with visitors and telephone callers and to a variety of demands and projects.
• Provide courteous information and service to the public and other City staff.
• Work independently and make sound decisions.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 09/28/2021 05:00 PM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.