Under the direction of the City of St. George Recreation/Parks staff, assists in the operation and programs of the Thunder Junction All Abilities Park.
May perform one or more of these Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Assists with play date programs and special events.
2. Leads participants in games and hands-on recreational activities.
3. Communicates safety rules and procedures to riders and park visitors.
4. Performs basic cleaning and maintenance.
5. Collects ride tickets and assist in loading the train.
6. Provides assistance to patrons entering and exiting the ride.
7. Stays current with safety rules and procedures.
8. Interacts with park attendees, promotes safe play, answers questions and gives directions.
9. Removes litter.
10. Empties trash containers when full.
11. Refills paper products and performs light cleaning of the restroom facility.
12. Sweeps and/or mops the interior of the volcano area and pavilion area.
13. Cleans tables and benches.
14. Water flowers by hand in containers and other areas as directed.
15. Sweeps sidewalks, curbs, and gutters, etc.
16. Helps everyone who attends have a positive experience.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Light to moderate physical activity. Lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds. Intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Exposure to varying weather conditions. Moderate exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekdays, Saturdays, evenings, and holidays. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging 6-15 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Experience: Minimum of 16 years of age. Experience working with children is helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Reliability a must.
• Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary when interacting with park attendees and parents.
• Follow directions.
• Stay on task.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 10/17/2019 12:00 AM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.