The City of St. George Leisure Services Department operates a Carousel. Under the direction of a Recreation Coordinator, the Ride Operator is responsible for the effective and safe daily operation of rides in accordance with best practices and City policies. Performs light maintenance work, sells tickets, and provides high quality customer service.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Loads and unloads riders.
2. Operates ride controls.
3. Communicates safety rules and procedures to riders. Ensures safety of all riders and spectators during the ride operation. Enforces facility rules. Ensures that manufacturer safety requirements are being followed during ride operation.
4. Performs basic cleaning and maintenance.
5. Informs supervisor of maintenance needs.
6. Fills out a daily, weekly, and monthly ride checklists and other paperwork.
7. Ensures that all the communication tools function properly for the assigned ride.
8. Opens and closes facility.
9. Handles money according to City policy.
10. Sells, distributes, and collects ride tickets.
11. Provides assistance to patrons entering and exiting ride.
12. Operates music equipment.
13. Stays current with safety rules and procedures.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28 hours per week over a period of 12 months.
Minimum Age: All applicants must be 16 years or older.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Must obtain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications within two (2) months of hire which must be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Highly motivated.
• Customer service oriented with excellent public relations skills.
• Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
• Computer literate.
• Operate a cash register, make change, and conduct financial transactions.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.