Under the direction of the Golf Course Head Golf Professional, this position provides customers with service regarding tee times, tee time coordination, rules and policies, and pace of play. This position is responsible for assisting with accurate daily play totals and other duties at directed. Due to the nature of the position, the golf starter must be pleasant and helpful to all guests.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Operates the starters desk in the highest professional manner.
2. Operates POS system, including credit card machine.
3. Assures the orderly flow of play in accordance with the posted tee times. Rotates players as needed to ensure the flow of play.
4. Promotes the facility programs, events and image to the customers of the facility at all times.
5. Provides welcoming “first contact” with each customer or groups of customers and ensure they have an enjoyable experience.
6. Monitors and updates daily tee sheet and update throughout scheduled shift.
7. Ensures all equipment; radio cart, etc., are in working order.
8. Keeps work area neat and clean at all times.
9. Maintains a neat and orderly golf shop.
10. Assists in keeping the golf course and areas around the clubhouse clean and calls attention to any maintenance issues that need addressing.
11. Assists other outside staff as needed.
12. Maintains an adequate supply of scorecards, pencils, tees, ball markers, etc. at the starter desk.
13. Assists in the rotation and use of golf carts. Assists outside services with cart washing when possible.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Moderately heavy physical activity. Required to push, pull, or lift medium heavy weights. Moderate exposure to disagreeable elements such as heat, cold, dampness, noise, dust, or grease. Must be able to work
complete shift standing or in difficult working positions. Intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human
Note: Candidates must be available to work any day of the week, including Sunday, and be able to work
with a flexible schedule as working hours may change each week.
• Experience using computer cashiering systems (preferred).
• Golf experience/knowledge preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be
obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• General understanding of golf course operations.
• General golf course rules.
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Self-motivated with desire to promote golf
• Service and customer focused attitude
• Enthusiastic, outgoing attitude and personality, patient and non-combative
• Position requires full attendance of scheduled hours
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Understand and follow general work instructions.
• Work flexible schedule and hours each week.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 01/06/2023 12:00 AM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.