Hours: Monday thru Friday (12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Under the direction of the Recreation Assistant Manager, performs various tasks as
necessary to provide recreation services to the St. George Community.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Provide customer service in person and over the phone; answering questions and/or referring customers to appropriate staff members
2. Responds to public inquiries providing accurate information regarding recreation programs and services
3. Aids in the promotion and advertising of programs and special events
4. Registers participants for programs, classes and activities
5. May perform money handling duties according to city and division policies and procedures
6. General office and clerical duties
7. Copies and prepares various brochures, flyers, schedules, rosters, etc. for distribution
8. Organizes, cleans, prepares and maintains recreation facilities and other work areas
9. Works programs and special events
10. Runs errands
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other related duties as needed
12. Follow all city policies and procedures
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to
emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 25-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28 hours per week over a period of twelve months
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required. Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
Experience: Customer service experience preferred but not required.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
CPR, First Aid, AED certification required. Must be obtained within 60 days of hire and maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General Knowledge of Recreation and Leisure Activities and Programming Practices preferred
Customer service oriented
Perform Physical Labor
Work with a team
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.