Under the direction of the Golf Course Head Golf Professional, oversees daily picking balls off the driving range and nightly cleaning of golf carts.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Operates range ball picking machine to retrieve golf balls.
2. Stocks range balls in preparation for golfers to use on daily basis.
3. Prepares range golf ball buckets for the purpose of selling, stocking, and sorting.
4. Washes golf carts on a nightly basis in preparation for play the next day.
5. Stocks golf carts with applicable supplies.
6. Maintains golf carts in working order. (Checks tire pressure, loose bolts, etc.)
7. Monitors facility for safety conditions and regulations.
8. Provides excellent customer service and general assistance.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Some outdoor work with exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, and/or windy conditions. Moderate physical activity exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and 5-10 pounds of force frequently. Uncomfortable working positions such as crouching and bending. Risk of bodily injury is low under normal conditions. Occasional exposure to stress as a result in human behavior. Requires working extended or irregular hours such as weekends and holidays.
Note: Candidates must be available to work any day of the week, including Sunday, and be able to work with a flexible schedule as working hours may change each week.
Experience: Customer service experience preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be
obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be highly motivated.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent public relations skills.
• Understand golf terminology is preferred.
• Work under minimal supervision.
• Understand and follow general work instructions.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 09/29/2022 05:00 PM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.