Under the direction of the Recreation Assistant Manager, performs various tasks as necessary to provide recreation services to the St. George Community.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Oversees the work of other part time employees and volunteers during assigned shifts or tasks
2. Assists in developing training material and provide training for all part time employees
3. Prepares monthly schedule for part time employees
4. Assists the Recreation Coordinator or Recreation Assistant Manager with planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs and helps to maintain relationships with program contractors
5. Coordinates various programs or special events
6. Manages inventory controls and oversees the proper use, safety and security of all supplies; makes requests to the Recreation Assistant Manager for purchase of equipment needed
7. Assists the Recreation Assistant Manager in budgetary process and assumes responsibility for cost control during events, programs, or facilities
8. Performs money-handling duties according to City and division policies and procedures.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other related duties as needed.
10. Follow all city policies and procedures as well as enforce facility rules and regulations.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 25-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for
recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
Minimum of one year experience working in programs and special events for the City of St. George, or a similar organization, showing adequate knowledge and skill in assigned tasks; two years preferred
Minimum of one year experience using Sportsman SQL, or similar registration management software platform, showing adequate knowledge and skill in assigned tasks preferred; two years preferred
Cash handling experience required
Customer service experience required
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
CPR, First Aid, AED certification required. Must be obtained within 60 days of hire and maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General Knowledge of Recreation and Leisure Activities and Programming Practices preferred
Customer service oriented
Perform Physical Labor
Work with a team
Operate a motor vehicle safely
Work independently and supervise others
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.