Under general supervision of the Dixie Center Event Coordinator II, performs guest services duties and service-related tasks as indicated for the City of St. George.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Performs guest services functions for events.
2. Monitors the comfort of clients and customers. Monitors equipment and supplies to ensure events are conducted and operated in a safe, efficient manner and according to customer requirements.
3. Ensures scheduled events are operating smoothly and professionally.
4. Maintains contact with appropriate Dixie Center and City personnel associated with scheduled events.
5. Resolves moderately complex problems encountered in performance of work assignments.
6. Assists coordinators, supervisors, and other Dixie Center employee’s as needed.
7. Performs other related duties as required at Dixie Center and other City facilities.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Work requires vision for the successful performance of the position. Extensive public contact. Standing, bending, and stooping. Lifting and carrying materials and displays weighing up to 35 pounds. Moderate exposure to stress as a result of human behavior, human error, work deadlines, and the demands of multiple complex projects.
Note: Requires working extended or irregular hours such as weekends, nights, or holidays.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Customer service experience. Guest services experience in a convention facility helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• City and Dixie Center facilities rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Customer service methods and techniques.
• Maintain a clean, safe event environment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
• Efficiently respond in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands and projects.
• Establish work priorities and remain flexible.
• Provide courteous information and service to the public and other City staff.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 09/26/2021 05:00 PM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.