Salary & Benefits
Golf Course Maintenance Worker I Starting Salary: 24 ($26,714/year)
Individuals hired in this position have the opportunity to progress up to $40,072/year, which is the maximum salary for this position as of December 2020.
Benefits: The City of St. George covers 100% of the premiums for the High Deductible health plan for full-time employees and their qualified dependents. New hires also receive 2 weeks of vacation time during their first year of employment, one of which is available to the employee the first day of employment. To find out more about our benefits package, please visit our website at careers.sgcity.org.
Provides specialized care and maintenance of City of St. George municipal golf courses. Ensures quality of greens, tees, and fairways through verti-cutting, top dressing, cup placement, and other forms of turf management. This is basic maintenance work for a municipal golf course.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Operates hydraulic triplex green and tee mowers, tractors, backhoes, and large reel mowers on greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
2. Performs manual labor such as hand mowing, weed eating, sodding, raking bunkers, edging turf, etc.
3. Performs general grounds maintenance and repair work of cart paths, restrooms, etc.
4. Performs minor maintenance on assigned vehicles and equipment daily.
5. Assists with the application of fertilizers, chemicals, etc.
6. Performs miscellaneous related golf course maintenance duties as required.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Moderately heavy physical activity required to push, pull, or lift medium weights. Difficult working positions. Must stand, walk, or sit uncomfortably for extended periods. Moderate exposure to elements such as heat, cold, dampness, fumes, noise, dust, or grease. Risk of bodily injury is moderate under normal conditions. Occupational safety and health hazards may be encountered under controlled conditions. Intermittent exposure to stressful situations as a result of human behavior. Irregular hours, including weekends, late nights, and holidays.
Experience: Experience with hydraulic triplex green and tee mowers, tractors, large reel mowers, raking bunkers, and edging turf is preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Tools, equipment, and techniques used in maintenance, repair, and/or construction of golf courses.
• Standard safety precautions.
• Work with a minimum of supervision, and understand and follow general work instructions.
• Perform outdoor manual labor for extended periods of time.
• Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Adapt to changing conditions of the course, and accept the work hours that result from these conditions.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 06/15/2021 05:00 PM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.