Under the general supervision of the Recreation Coordinator, provides fun loving daycare by engaging and getting the children involved with toys and crafts to accommodate customers of the City of St. George Recreation Center.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Provides supervision to children in the Recreation Center Child Care Center.
2. Provides assistance to the children while in the child care, including coloring with the children and playing games with them, all while keeping children safe from everyday accidents.
3. Responsible for picking up toys with the children and cleaning the toys at the end of each day.
4. Ensures that children are cared for while adhering to the City’s child protection policy.
5. Works with parents to ensure that all children have good experiences in the Child Care Center.
6. Provides friendly interactions with children regardless of the situation.
7. Calms children who are struggling with a parent leaving them in child care.
8. Prevents and resolves possible conflicts between children.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to physically respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Minimum Age: All applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Basic child care experience including child safety and calming upset children.
Licenses and/or Certifications: CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications including infant CPR and First Aid must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Calm upset children.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent public relations skills.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.