Under the direction of a City of St. George Recreation Coordinator, serves as a first point of contact at the City’s Recreation Center for patrons and community members and provides accurate information regarding Recreation Center programs and services.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Responds to public inquiries providing accurate information regarding recreation programs and services.
2. Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate recreation staff.
3. Checks patrons into Recreation Center and registers participants for classes and activities. Performs money handling duties according to city and division policies and procedures.
4. Washes and dries facility towels.
5. Cleans equipment throughout the rec center including cardio, exercise, and weight equipment.
6. Organizes, cleans, and maintains the lost and found.
7. Copies and prepares various brochures, flyers, schedules, rosters, etc. for distribution.
8. Checks vehicles each night to ensure cleanliness and security.
9. Organizes games, registers participants including mailed-in forms, and files registration forms.
10. Works in special events as assigned.
11. Distributes equipment and maintains air pressure in all recreational equipment.
12. Runs errands as needed.
13. Promotes pass sales by informing patrons of pass options.
14. Occasionally operates the City of St. George carousel.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 50 - 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging 28 or less hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Minimum Age: All Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
Experience: Experience working with youth and adults in a recreational setting preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
• Must obtain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications within sixty (60) days of hire which must be maintained throughout employment.
• Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within (60) days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Highly motivated.
• Customer service oriented with excellent public relations skills.
• Computer literate.
• Operate a cash register and conduct financial transactions.
• Problem solve and find workable solutions.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 09/20/2019 12:00 AM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.