Under the direction of the Tennis & Pickleball Head Pro, monitors tennis and pickleball facilities, takes reservations/schedules facilities, performs minor maintenance and cleaning of courts, sells and stocks concessions, registers players for tennis and pickleball, handles cash transactions, takes phone calls, updates website and sportsman software, tracks all private lessons, tracks all clinics, deposits receipts.
1. Monitors the tennis and pickleball facilities daily to ensure that the facilities are kept in top condition, including picking up any garbage, making minor repairs, and ensuring the cleanliness and appearance of overall facilities.
2. Updates and posts tennis reservations.
3. Works at both the Tonaquint Tennis Facility and Little Valley Pickleball Facility according to the schedule.
4. Takes reservations for court usage and ensures that no individuals or groups run others off the court.
5. Registers players for tennis and pickleball tournaments, clinics, lessons, etc. Follows money handling policies. Makes deposits to the Recreation Center or the Commons Building.
6. Communicates with the recreation clerks at the front desk regarding the reservation list and registration of events.
7. Works tournaments, helping with check in, tournament desk and other tournament related duties.
8. Answers phone calls and works with the public in a professional manner. Must be able to resolve conflicts with the public in such a manner as to protect the rights of the City while encouraging the use of the facility by all interested citizens.
9. Cleans and maintains an organized working space at both locations.
10. Keeps Head Pro informed of all aspects going on at both facilities.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Position requires sitting, standing, and walking. A small percentage of time may be spent lifting or carrying weights up to 20 pounds. Must work well with people.
Education and experience: Entry level. No experience or high school diploma required. Knowledge of tennis preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
• Professional Rescuer First Aid/CPR/AED certification. American Red Cross certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire and maintained throughout employment.
• Valid Utah Driver’s License. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Communicate effectively and relate well with the public, maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Be a good self starter.
• Keep busy during slow times.
• Count money and reconcile cash register each day.
• Have some knowledge of Microsoft applications: Word, Publisher, Powerpoint and Excel
• Must be computer literate.
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 07/14/2019 05:00 PM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.