Under the direction of the City of St. George Leisure Services Recreation Coordinator, assists in the operation and programs of the Thunder Junction All Abilities Park.
May perform one or more of these Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Assists with play date programs and special events.
2. Responds to public inquiries providing accurate information regarding programs and services related to Thunder Junction.
3. Performs money handling duties according to City and Department policies and procedures.
4. Communicates safety rules and procedures to riders and park visitors.
5. Performs basic cleaning and maintenance.
6. Sells, distributes, and collects ride tokens.
7. Provides assistance to patrons entering and exiting the train area.
8. Stays current with safety rules and procedures.
9. Serves as a Thunder Junction ambassador by interacting with park attendees, promoting safe play, and answering inquiries related to the park
10. Helps everyone who attends have a positive experience.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions:
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Light to moderate physical activity. Lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds. Intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Exposure to varying weather conditions. Moderate exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekdays, Saturdays, evenings, and holidays. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging 6-20 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Experience: Minimum 16 years of age. Experience handling money is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Reliability a must.
• Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary when interacting with park attendees and parents.
• Follow directions.
• Operate a cash register, make change, and conduct financial transactions.
• Learn computer software
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. This Position closes 06/14/2019 12:00 AM. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.